I went for simplicity this time. After the Hacked-up Sweatshirt, I wanted to do something that didn’t require a lot of thought. I started with a red t-shirt. It has a long underwear texture.
In my head the neckline was more of a crew neck, so I thought I would trim that out into a deeper opening which is much more flattering on me. As you can see, I didn’t need to do that.
The shirt was a size too large, so I took in each side seam about an inch. This gave me just enough fabric to make flowers for the neckline and dress the whole thing up a bit.
The whole process took less than a half an hour. (I didn’t have to convince anyone to use the bathroom during that time, so under normal circumstances, it might take a bit longer.)
Now I’m all set to go on Star Trek (or Lost) and be the random crew member who gets killed.