After staring at it for two weeks and finally getting the image of the ugly before sweatshirt out of my head, I decided to finish the sweatshirt.
Here is the before picture in case you forgot the heinousness:
So after chopping it up, dyeing it, staring at it, I ended up with this:
I sewed snaps on for the closures, then made flowers out of fleece to cover them. It came out surprisingly cute.
After putting the finished project on the dummy for pictures, I had a minor epiphany. When adjusting the dummy, I hadn’t thought about the shoulders. So I did some measuring and made some adjustments. I also gave the bra-area a bit more oomph. It’s a bit closer to my shape and some of the fitting problems in this shirt show up. The other things that occurred to me — I’m obviously thinking very slowly these days– the dummy doesn’t have arms and the sleeves are one of the parts that doesn’t fit me well. They are just a touch too short, which is a huge pet peeve of mine.
For WS Gager, I attempted to take a picture of myself while wearing this shirt. I’m not talented enough to figure out how to hold the camera and actually get me in it or use a mirror. I suspect part of the problem is that I was not in the bathroom and did not have a toilet in the background which seems so “successful” in many of the online pictures. If I ever get a project that looks good on me, I’ll enlist help for a picture. 🙂
Here’s a link to the first part: http://wp.me/p1U8tG-mq